It is important to know the signs of a heart attack; it could save your life. If not your life, possibly the life of a friend or loved one. One you have probably heard several times, but it is still applicable, is the "elephant on the chest" one. Never ignore that sign which applies to both men and women. But women beware that women often have no chest pain. When I had a heart attack many years ago, I became very lightheaded and nauseous. The stomach flu was going around at work, so I assumed I had caught it. Thankfully, my late husband was watching me and caught me as I started to fall. I never had chest pain.
In addition to the elephant on the chest feeling, below are more signs of a heart attack you should be aware of:
- Shortness of breath with or without chest discomfort
- A cold sweat, lightheadedness, or fainting
- Pain in the back, the neck, the jaw, the stomach, or one or both arms
- Nausea or vomiting

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.